Hello Inner Circle readers!
We’re recently back from the first Women in Retail Leadership Circle (WIRLC) On the Road event in Los Angeles, and it was a tremendous success! More than 100 executive women in retail attended, and they experienced inspiring presentations, engaged in networking galore, participated in coaching sessions, and were treated to an extra-special swag bag and fun pop-up shops. Big thanks to all the speakers, attendees and sponsors for such an inspiring day!
Here are a few quotes captured from some of the women leaders who took to the stage:
- “You have to be tough in your core if you’re going to run a company. You have to keep moving, and not have anything affect you.” — Heather Hasson, co-founder and co-CEO of @wearfigs #WIRLCOntheRoad
- “Who you choose to go to work for is SO important.” — Jill Layfield, co-founder and CEO, @TamaraMellon #WIRLCOntheRoad
- “You don’t have to be promoting yourself if you don’t feel comfortable with it … to still make your brand unique.” — Amanda Thomas, owner of @LuvAjTweets #WIRLCOntheRoad
- “Just looking at [Instagram] likes is not something I would recommend. Look at engagement, and see what your followers are saying.” — Delali Kpodzo, head of marketing, @ThriveCause #WIRLCOntheRoad
- “It’s one thing [for a company] to have values, it’s another thing to live and breathe those values.” — @katiefinnegan, founder of @storeno8 #WIRLCOntheRoad
View our slideshow so you can get a glimpse of some of the fun we had at the event! We also have a video from the event in this week’s issue that highlights a discussion I had with Heather Hasson, co-CEO and co-founder of FIGS. In addition, we’ll be posting content from the event in the Inner Circle over the next few weeks, so keep your eyes (and ears!) peeled!
We’re super excited about our next WIRLC: On the Road events, taking place in New York City on Oct. 24, as well as in San Francisco on Nov. 7. Register here for a city near you before they’re sold out! And remember to use the code WIRMEMBER for a discounted rate!
Also, WIRLC is partnering with its sister brand, Total Retail, to host Total Retail Tech, taking place Sept. 23-25 in Philadelphia (men and women). Total Retail Tech is a complimentary, all-inclusive event for retailers and brands looking to vet new technologies. We cover everything for you — travel, hotel, meals, etc.
And our speaker lineup is to die for. Speakers include the following:
- Alex Miller, Senior Vice President, Digital Commerce and Marketing, Qurate Retail Group
- John Trainor, Chief Information Officer and Senior Vice President of Digital Product, Aaron’s
- Erica Geil, Vice President, Global Engineering Operations, Groupon
- Lockie Andrews, Chief Digital Officer, UNTUCKit
- Kimberly Kanary, Vice President, Community Development and Engagement, JTV (Jewelry Television)
- Heather Craig, Head of Retail Experience, thredUp
- Suzanne Miglucci, President and CEO, Charles & Colvard
- Ken Wincko, Vice President of Marketing, Barnes & Noble College
Women in Retail Leadership Circle