Hello Inner Circle readers! JK Adams, a family-owned specialty wood products manufacturing company, is looking for a CEO! Could that be you?
Title: CEO, JK Adams
Opportunity: JK Adams has been in business for over 75 years, and it designs, manufactures and distributes a line of high-end proprietary products for the kitchen and home. Products include serving boards and bowls, cutting and carving boards, wine and storage racks, and other kitchen/baking/food and gift products. JK Adams’ products are sold through wholesale and retail channels, including customers such as Crate and Barrel, Williams-Sonoma, The Container Store, and others, as well as through many specialty gift stores, and e-commerce is an emerging and promising market for the business. JK Adams is looking for a leader who will recognize the value of the business that has been built under the brand name and has the passion, vision and conviction to take the business to the next level of sustainable growth and profitability. The company is in search of a leader who is skilled in all aspects of business, including manufacturing, product development, sales and marketing, product pricing and profit, and cash flow optimization. JK Adams’ CEO will work in the Dorset facility, and the culture is casual, informal, focused and professional.
Location: Dorset, Vermont
Primary responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Manage and lead all aspects of the business.
- Develop strategic plans and annual budgets.
- Drive activities developed from long-range planning activities.
- Emphasize and lead new product development activities.
- Inspire the team to reach for and achieve higher goals and new levels of performance.
- Be the decision maker on all matters affecting the organization, while encouraging input and collaboration from the management team when appropriate.
- Optimize profitability and cash flow to meet short- and long-term goals.
- Foster and promote an environment of continuous improvement with the management team, with an emphasis on professional and personal growth opportunities.
Skills required for the position include the following:
- Strong leadership, decision-making and vision-setting skills, preferably from progressing through various senior sales/marketing/product development roles in a manufacturing environment.
- Visionary with strong convictions and ability to establish goals and inspire a team to succeed in achieving the goals.
- Strategic thinker.
- Experienced in manufacturing, including ability to direct continuous improvement and productivity activities.
- Flexible, able to change course if necessary if business environment shifts.
- Strong short- and long-term planning and development skills.
- Strong business acumen and results driven.
- Strong communication and financial management skills
- Sincere interest and ability in emphasizing safety in the workplace.
- Experienced in manufacturing, product development and sales.
- Proven success in new product development and commercialization.
- Experience successfully leading and managing a business similar to JK Adams.
Interested in this position? Please contact Women in Retail Leadership Circle Advisory Board member Cindy Marshall, founder and CEO, SHINE Strategy, at email@example.com or 802-768-8788.