Hello Inner Circle readers!
Soma, the intimate apparel group within the Chico’s FAS family of brands, whose mission is to empower all women with curated and exclusive solutions that balance, fit, form and function, is searching for the perfect vice president of merchandising. Could it be you? Check out all the details below!
Title: Vice President of Merchandising
Reports to: Mary van Praag, president, intimate apparel group, Chico’s FAS (Mary is a Women in Retail Leadership Circle member and one of our Top Women in Retail 2019)
Opportunity: The vice president of merchandising is responsible for driving financial results; providing inspiring, visionary, growth-oriented leadership; and focus on the synergies and cost efficiencies found by using the shared service organization.
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Key responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Drive operational excellence in merchandising.
- Develop and lead the omnichannel merchandising strategy that supports both brand and corporate strategic imperatives.
- Lead and guide omnichannel product architecture, building into a line plan that supports the business goals in partnership with merchants and planners.
- Effectively manage the selection of merchandise, ensuring product assortment is balanced, inspiring and meets profitability goals.
- Partner with design on key product trends and aesthetic direction of future collections.
- Collaborate with planning on financial plans that align with the trend of the business and omnichannel merchandising strategies.
- Value the individuality and diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
Required qualifications include the following:
- Twelve years to 14 years of experience in merchandising or buying at the DMM/GMM level for a progressive national apparel retailer with multiple store locations (intimates experience is a must).
- Strong senior leadership skills with the ability to communicate up and down an organization.
- Candidate will have a track record of general management for a business — strong preference for an executive who has presided over a multichannel operation, including e-commerce.
- Demonstrated ability to significantly grow a business or division while remaining on-brand and on-trend.
- Ability to provide insight into proprietary product and the build out of product from an internal product development/sourcing and design team.
- Excellent communication skills; effective communicator with a strong intellect and ability to connect with others on a professional level to ensure performance and results.
- Ability to clearly articulate and execute on a strategic plan for growth and brand expansion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.