Hello Inner Circle readers!
It’s always exciting to see some of our own being recognized for their hard work in helping to close the gender gap. Last week, BounceX announced the 12 winners of its 2019 Equality Impact Awards, which are designed to honor the contributions and leadership of women and allies that are helping to change unequal industries. Four of the winners are women who work in retail. BounceX noted that these women are breaking glass ceilings, fighting hard for equal pay, advocating diversity and inclusion, and demanding that the workplace is better for themselves and those who come after them. The honorees included:
- Michelle Cutter, Senior Vice President, Digital and E-Commerce, Theory
- Shan-Lyn Ma, CEO and Founder, Zola
- Christiane Pendarvis, Senior Vice President, E-Commerce, FULLBEAUTY Brands
- Geeta Randev, Senior Digital Marketing Specialist, Champion
It’s important to recognize those who go above and beyond to give them the praise they deserve, but to also encourage others to want to make a difference, too. That’s why Women in Retail Leadership Circle is currently working on a project that will recognize the top retailers that make it a priority to hire women executives and appoint women to their boards. Stay tuned later this year for the full report!
We’re headed to the Big Apple! Get ready for Women in Retail Leadership Circle: On the Road | New York on Oct. 24! Similar to the well-received Women in Retail Leadership Summit, these invitation-only events enable executive women in leadership positions at key retailers and brands the chance to network, learn from each other, and improve business processes.
Our one-day event will have interesting presentations and panels, and will feature engaging networking sessions, private executive coaching opportunities, and fun activations. Take advantage of these opportunities to share your knowledge with new contacts, discuss industry issues, and find inspiration on how to conquer challenges in both your personal and professional lives.
Some of our INCREDIBLE speakers for the On the Road | New York event include:
- Rebecca Minkoff, Owner and Designer, Rebecca Minkoff
- Emily Culp, CEO, Cover FX Skincare
- Allie Egan, President and CEO, Cynthia Rowley
- Traci Inglis, President, Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Customer Officer, Retailwinds
- Christina Carbonell, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, Primary
- AND so many more to come!
You can register for WIRLC On the Road | New York here. The price to attend is $295 for retailers and brands. Catch our early-bird rate using the code “ROADTRIP” when registering to save $100. We hope to see you there!
Senior Content Strategist
Women in Retail Leadership Circle