Hello Inner Circle readers!
There’s lots of exciting news from Women in Retail Leadership Circle (WIRLC) this week! Here goes:
1. We’re thrilled that our very own Jennifer DiPasquale, president and co-founder, Women in Retail Leadership Circle (WIRLC) and Total Retail, a division of NAPCO Media, was named a 2019 Folio: Top Women in Media honoree! Each June, Folio: hosts the Top Women in Media Awards, which celebrates women in the media industry who have stood out, taken risks, and pushed their teams to new heights. The honorees are awarded in several categories such as trendsetters, entrepreneurs, change-makers, and industry innovators. Jen was honored in the “Entrepreneur” category, which celebrates women who have launched or rebuilt brands or companies and continue to work tirelessly towards their success. Sounds a lot like Jen, doesn’t it?
Other honorees in the entrepreneur category were Jenna Goudreau, vice president/managing editor, CNBC Make It, CNBC; Raina Kelley, managing editor, The Undefeated, ESPN; Nicole Lesko, senior vice president, ad product and revenue operations, Meredith Corporation; and Jodi Marchisotta, associate publisher, marketing, Better Homes & Gardens, Meredith Corporation. Pretty good company, don’t you think?
As Folio: noted, Jen helped WIRLC “enjoy double-digit revenue growth YOY, shaping DiPasquale as a thought leader in the industry. Her dedication has built a community on the foundation of caring deeply about her audience, listening to their needs and developing an experience that’s unrivaled in the marketplace.” Next time you see Jen, congratulate her, or drop her a line or a text. We’re so proud of her!
2. Lisa Gavales, one of WIRLC’s founding Advisory Board members, has been named the Chair of the interim office of the CEO of Destination Maternity. In her role, Lisa will assist in beginning an active and immediate search for a new permanent CEO, as well as conduct a comprehensive review of Destination Maternity’s strategic initiatives to ensure that the company is pursuing an aggressive strategy to effect real and sizable change in the business. We wish her well!
3. We’re honored to welcome our newest WIRLC board member, Cristina Ceresoli, vice president of marketing at Soma! Cristina has an extensive background in the retail industry, having held leadership positions at Coco de Mer London, the National Retail Federation, and Express. We’re thrilled to have her on the board!
WIRLC: On the Road in LA
Finally, if you’re in the greater Los Angeles area on July 24, make sure you stop by our WIRLC: On the Road | Los Angeles event at the W Hotel in Hollywood. The event will feature engaging keynote presentations; lively panel discussions; and fun, unique networking opportunities. Check out our speaker lineup so far:
- Jill Layfield, Co-Founder and CEO, Tamara Mellon
- Suzy Biszantz, President, BCBG, Hervé Léger, and Joe’s Jeans, Centric Brands
- Allison Samek, CEO, Fred Segal
- Shannon Lackey, Vice President, Merchandising, Hollar
- Ivka Adam, Founder and CEO, Iconery
- Leah Borgeson Stigile, President, Fame & Partners
- Courtney A. Seard, Founder, Master Coach and Trainer, Courtney A. Seard
If you’d like to attend the event, please register here. By using the code “ROADTRIP,” you’ll save $100 off your registration.
Have a great week!
Women in Retail Leadership Circle