So far this summer, women are ruling! Just check out some of the recent badass women in the news:
- Earlier this month, the United States women’s national soccer team won its FOURTH World Cup title. It was the second straight World Cup win after dominating in Canada four years ago.
- Coco Gauff, a 15-year-old tennis prodigy, became the youngest player to reach the main draw at Wimbledon. She faced her idol, tennis superstar Venus Williams, and won.
- There’s a new 007 in town. Lashana Lynch will reportedly play the agent with the title in the next “James Bond” film. However, Lynch isn’t the first female Bond, exactly. The film’s plot is said to revolve around Lynch’s character taking on the 007 job after Bond — still Daniel Craig — leaves MI6.
- Norah O’Donnell took over the anchor chair at “CBS Evening News” this week, the second woman to hold the job at the network. O’Donnell’s promotion is part of Susan Zirinksy’s reshaping of CBS’ news operation.
- Chanel hired Fiona Pargeter as its first head of diversity and inclusion.
We here at the Women in Retail Leadership Circle can’t help but feel inspired. We’re inspired by the power of women, women supporting other women, and women being put front and center for their raw talent. It’s part of our mission, the reason why we started an association for executive women in retail. This philosophy is woven through each of our events, putting incredible women leaders in the retail space front and center.
Are there any women out there that you inspire you? Please let me know by dropping me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to feature them here!
There are literally five seats open for our next event, Women in Retail Leadership Circle: On the Road | Los Angeles, happening July 24 at the W Hotel Hollywood. If you’re interested, please register here today!
Also, we’re super excited about another upcoming event WIRLC’s sister brand, Total Retail, is hosting Sept. 23-25 in Philadelphia. Total Retail Tech is designed to give select enterprise retailers and brands the opportunity to investigate emerging technology. This exclusive, hosted event is invitation-only for 60 executives at leading retailers and brands. We cover ALL expenses — hotel, travel, meals, etc. Interested? Please complete the registration form.
Co-Founder, Women in Retail Leadership Circle